How To Write Your Christmas Cards
Christmas cards are one of the most exciting parts about the holidays. It’s fun to receive mail that can be displayed in a fun fashion around the house. Sure, it’s easy to send a text message or an email wishing someone a Happy Holiday, but Christmas cards are a tangible way of showing your friends and family that you care. It shows you took a few moments to think about them, and it’s a valued keepsake that can be treasured for years to come. These festive greetings can be shared with employees, coworkers, teachers and clients, as well as family and friends. You could make them laugh with a funny memory written inside or make them smile with how thoughtful the card itself is.
Not sure where to begin? Follow these steps below!
First, you want to pick a card that perfectly resembles the person who you are sending it to. Whether it’s a sister, grandparent, neighbor, teacher or coworker, you want to pick one that shows you were thinking about that particular person. Remember, you probably wouldn’t send the same card to your mom that you gave to your boss!
Second, think about what that person means to you. Have you seen them since the pandemic? Have they had something major happen in their life? Is there a particular tradition that you both share during this time of the year? Consider writing a favorite Christmas memory. If you haven’t seen them in a while, consider sharing a recent photo or writing about a recent accomplishment.
Third, grab a festive colored pen and let out your inner Santa! Don’t worry about writing a novel. You can be as simple, creative or funny as you want to be! As long as it comes from the heart, your recipient is sure to be honored that you thought of them during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
You bought the perfect greeting cards with stickers to match, festive-colored envelopes and glittery pens, but you’re still stuck on what to write. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
General messages for anyone (Perfect for family and friends!)
- May your days be merry and bright!
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas!
- So grateful to have a friend like you at Christmas and all year long.
- Thank you for all of the Christmas memories.
- Have a holly-jolly holiday!
- Your friendship is the best present Santa could have ever given me.
- I know you can’t choose your family, but even if I could, I’d still choose you. Merry Christmas! Looking forward to spending some time with you.
- This holiday season, let’s make it a point to cherish what’s truly important in our lives: cookies.
- I told Santa you were good this year and sent him a link to your Amazon account. You’re welcome.
- May all your sweaters be ugly and bright!
- Let’s eat, drink, and be merry!
- Joy to the world, the wine has come. Cheers to a merry Christmas!
Formal (Perfect for co-workers, employees and businesses!)
- I hope your holiday season is filled with lots of happiness.
- It’s always a pleasure to work with you and a joy to wish you a merry Christmas!
- I appreciate all of the work you do. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Hoping the new year brings you new opportunities and endless possibilities.
- Season’s Greetings and warm wishes for the coming year.
Romantic (Perfect for that special someone!)
- You are sweeter than a candy cane!
- Christmas is magical because we get to spend it together.
- I’m so lucky to share the holidays with you.
- Sending sweet Christmas kisses to you!
- You are more beautiful than any Christmas ornament and brighter than any star. Having you in my life makes every day a holiday.
- You’re such a blessing in my life at Christmas and always.
- Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas.
- May God bless your Christmas with lots of love.
- May happiness fill your heart and home this Christmas and always.
- Warmest wishes for faith, hope, and peace this Christmas season.
Across the Miles
- Thinking of you this holiday season. Hope your Christmas is magical!
- Can’t wait to visit you after the holidays. Merry Christmas!
- Even though we can’t be together this Christmas, know that I’ll be thinking about you.
- So lucky and grateful to have you in my life. We’ll be together soon. Merry Christmas!
Not sure how to end your Christmas cards? Try one of these warm closings before signing your name at the bottom:
For Family and Friends:
Love, With Love, Love Always, All My Love, XOXO, With Snow Much Love,
For Professional Relationships:
Best Wishes, Warmest Wishes, Warmly, All The Best, Happy Holidays,
These small gestures of ‘I love you’ or ‘I’m Thinking of You’ are a perfect way of sending a hug when you can’t be with your loved ones during the holidays or want to thank someone for all of their hard work. There’s just something very magical about opening up a card from someone you care about during one of the most festive times of the year.
We hope these tips have been helpful! Make sure to stock up on your Christmas cards today with Madison Park Greetings’ Cyber November deal. Our eco-friendly card boxes are made with recycled materials and come with 10 cards and 10 envelopes. They’re perfect for everyone on your list this holiday season! Use Cyber November discount EARLYBIRD at checkout for 10% off of all holiday cards! Sale ends November 25th, 2021.
Follow us on Instagram to keep up-to-date on all your holiday needs!
Fueled by imagination, designed by artists.